Saturday 8 September 2012

Shoji Kawaguchi aka "Marquess" - Japanese bespoke shoemaker

For the followers/readers of this blog you may have realised that I have a fascination of shoe artisans from Japan. I believe (not fact) that Japan has more bespoke shoe artisans than most European countries. In my search I stumbled upon "The Marquess" aka Shoji Kawaguchi who makes some very beautiful shoes. I assume that Master Kawaguchi is European (English) trained, as his shoes bear the English trademark, but I could be wrong. Enjoy these beauties from Japan for the weekend. 


Brown crocodile side gusset on a chisel square toe last
 Oxford punched cap toe on a rounded toe last, tan calf leather
Brown side gusset with medallion squared toe last on pigskin 

 Black pigskin side gusset with false laces-punched cap toe, soft chisel last
Client fitting of black calf leather side gusset with false laces - punched cap toe - rounded last
Photos sourced from Marquess Bespoke

No comments:

Post a Comment